Austin Native Roger Kahlbau graduated with his BA in Interior Design from Texas State University. He gained his sought after expertise working as interior designer/buyer in an upscale design showroom. His clients are primarily high end residential home owners seeking his talent and guidance in creating spaces that reflect their personality. Included in his his repertoire are inviting, functional spaces, that stay within budget.
Roger brings his 24 year experience and skill set into play by creating beautiful, warm and inviting interiors for Texas Hill Country Ranches to downtown Penthouses. Unique projects have taken him to Panama, Mexico, West Virginia, Colorado and Florida. In those areas he has collaborated with architects, builders, and re-modelers on residential living spaces as well as light commercial spaces including restaurants, banks, churches and universities. Often a project is from the ground up, beginning with the architect’s plan through the finishing interior design touches which complete the space and make it memorable.
Roger has a keen eye and unique sense of style which has earned him accolades and referrals. Award winning installs include Symphony Show houses, Best of Show awards for local Parade of Homes, as well as a Max award for Interior Design of a model home.
Roger begins the design process with an onsite interview to ascertain his client’s wants and needs. With the given budgetary constraints Roger provides several possible design solutions for the client’s environment. If a project does not reflect the client’s taste and personality then it is not a success.
BA Interior Design, Texas State University
- Best Restaurant Design, Al Biernat’s Steakhouse, Dallas
- HBA Max Award for Best Interior Design
- Best Kitchen Design
- Best Living Room Design
- Best Library Design
- Best Master Bath Design
- People’s Choice Awards
- Best Overall Interior Design
- Nominated for Publication “The Best Interior Designers in Texas” 2009 Edition
- Lance Berkman Ranch, Mason Texas
- Huston Tillitson University Reading Lounges and Union Building
- Greenbriar Estate (20,000 sq. ft.), West Virginia
- Lago Vista Estate (7,000 sq. ft.), Lake Travis
- Archuletta Estate, Lake Travis, Site of 2007 Seton Hospital Fundraiser
- Austin Parade of Homes, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2006
- Austin Symphony Showhome 1989, 1995